Thursday, September 24, 2009

Young Statesman's Book Club

I just thought I would share with you the wonderful letter I received from Ms. Hill following her visit to our book club. It was a real treat to have her meet with us and talk to us about her books. I'm glad that she enjoyed her visit with us as much as we enjoyed our visit with her.


Kim...I've been wanting to find time to write to tell you how impressed I am with your group. I've never seen kids who had such good insight into books, characterization, and all that good stuff. Somehow you've managed to teach them to think and to question, and I'm sure you don't know how rare that is, but it is rare. Come to think of it, I've never seen a group of grown-ups with that much spark! I wish you'd tell me your secret so I can pass it on! Please tell the kids I think they're brilliant, and tell them I think their teachers are brilliant too.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Wow! How great is that? What a wonderful compliment to all those who attend the book club! Fabulous.

aksunflower said...

How exciting to read Ms. Hill's letter about the club. We were so sad to miss the meeting while we were in Alaska. Foster, Ashley and I wish you all a wonderful year. We returned to Hawaii after a short visit for hunting and playing with the grandkids. Looks like we will be in Hawaii again this winter.
Continue enjoying your books!
Laurie