Sunday, June 21, 2009

Leadership Education Colloquium

We had a great, sometimes heated (warm but friendly) conversation June 19 at the Leadership Education Colloquium on many subjects including, but not limited to the United States Constitution, parenting, education, curriculum, religion, and so forth. I left feeling intellectually stimulated and with a desire to learn more.

We made a change of plans concerning what we’re going to read for the remainder of the summer. Instead of splitting the remaining pages of ‘The 5000 Year Leap’ we are instead going to discuss all the principles (1 through 28) in part II of the book on July 10. (By the way this will require reading two principles per day Monday through Friday starting 22 June through 9 July). I will be posting my experiences and insights on younotthem.blogspot.com before each weekday morning as I read and study these principles to help elicit discussion in the days before we meet again. Please visit and feel free to comment.

Our August 14th discussion will be on “The Fourth Turning” by William Strauss and Neil Howe. This is a significant increase in reading, but very doable.

2 comments:

Kim said...

Michael, I'm sad I couldn't be there. It sounds like you had a great discussion. I am excited to read all of your posts on you not them.
I am looking forward to discussing The Fourth Turning. I have been reading it and wanting to discuss it. Have you listened to THE DEPRESSION OF 2012 by Dr. DeMille on tjed marketplace. It goes right along with the 4th Turning. I highly recommend it. It was well worth the $4.

tundraJEM said...

I wish I had found this before today! WOW! I have a passion for our country, moreso the founding ideals. I wish I had known about the colloquium before you were in the middle of the book!