Tuesday, June 30, 2009

TJED Lunch Discussions

We had a great time last Friday at the lunch discussion. Because we had new moms again this month our discussion focused on the basic principles of TJEd. While I am excited to see our group continue to grow, I am finding difficulty in addressing the basics and still focusing on the questions of those who have already been applying the principles. To help with this, I have decided to post some of those questions on here so we can begin "discussing" them before the next meeting. If you have any questions or comments please feel free to post them.

Here's a list of questions:
"How do you address having children in different phases?"
"What do you do when your child won't progress to the next phase?"
"How are you applying the 7 Keys in your home?
"What are some roadblocks that you are encountering?"

Again, please feel free to post any comments! If you prefer, you can email me at jodytate@acsalaska.net I plan to bring any comments to our next meeting on July 31. I'm looking forward to seeing you there!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Q: "What do you do when your child won't progress to the next phase?"

A: Get off the conveyor belt. If you are not off the conveyor belt you will be focusing on making your children 'finished factory workers.' If you get off the conveyor belt yourself, by getting yourself a leadership education, you can inspire your children to have a great education despite how long it takes them to move from phase to phase.

The phases of learning are stages of development and can't not be rushed, but can be nurtured.

Tate Family said...

Hi Michael,
Thanks for your comment. I have really been noticing lately how important the "You,not Them"key is.
I am really enjoying reading The
5000 Year Leap and am looking forward to discussing it on Friday!

tundraJEM said...

When is the next lunch discussion scheduled? I am wondering if anyone in your current group is applying TJE principles while enrolled in a state sponsored homeschool program (Cyberlynx, IDEA, Raven, etc.)?

Kim said...

TundraJEM,
Our next lunch discussion is scheduled for July 31. We would love for you to join us. To answer your question, I currently have my children enrolled with IDEA, and there are many families who do go through a program. There are also families applying tjed principles that don't us a state progam. Feel free to email me if you have more questions. nimmymay30@yahoo.com
Thanks
~Kim

tundraJEM said...

Kimberly,
Thank you for your reply! I actually got in touch with J. Tate and we've spent quite a few hours on the telephone and I am looking forward to getting together with her within the next few days to talk some more. I am planning to be at the next lunch discussion where I can really get a feel for how others are implementing these principles in light of state programs as well as get an idea of how the paperwork is phrased.